When we saw the Dr. on Wednesday she could find nothing wrong with Lea, nothing that was causing her fevers. So, she sent us home, told me to keep an eye on her and to treat the fever. Well, yesterday morning, a full 48 + hours since we had seen the Dr. Lea still had a fever of 104+. I decided that since it was Friday and that the office is closed on the weekend, and the fact that she had spent the whole morning asleep on the couch (totally unlike any 2.5 year old) that she should be seen again. I was able to get an appt at 4:15 and off we went. The Dr. checked her temperature and this time it was still high at her office. She once again checked her ears, throat and lungs but could find nothing wrong. She then mentioned that Lea sounded very “nasal” and could it be possible that her sinuses were bothering her? She pressed on her forehead, nose and cheeks and Lea said that it hurt each time (when I ask her what hurts she says her teeth lol) so she prescribed an antibiotic and declared that she thought Lea had a sinus infection.
The more I got to thinking about this diagnosis the more it started to make sense. Lea would wake up crying after being asleep for a few hours. She would whimper in her sleep and have trouble breathing. I am sure that being in the sleep position must mean that fluid collects in the sinuses and creates pressure right? Also, whenever she asked to blow her nose, she would blow and blow but the end result was minor. For someone that sounds so nasal, it’s surprising really that there wasn’t more coming out of her. Yet she doesn’t sound stuffed up.
In any case, the medicine should take care of the fever fairly quickly and I am happy to report that as of this morning her temperature is a respectable 99.1. Still on the high side but lower than it has been in days. And she is much more active and talkative. Hopefully this means the beginning of her return to wellness.
2 comments:
Glad she is on her way to feeling better, especially since you leave in a couple of days!
I hope she gets over this soon so you won't be worrying about her being sick while you are gone. Can you believe you go tomorrow!??! :-)
Post a Comment