Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gluten Free Update: Day 5


After feeling sluggish, bloated and gaining a few lbs (and all it’s frustrating side effects) I decided to resume eating Gluten free. It’s a great time of year to change my diet. Especially since I can easily replace delicious, in season fruit and vegetables for my beloved bread and other wheat products. I knew going into it that the first few days were going to be tricky. I tried to plan for it by making sure that I always had healthy, gluten free snacks on me at all times, just in case. Now that it’s been 5 days, the momentum is rolling and I have noticed some encouraging changes. Mainly an increase in energy, better quality sleep, waking up more refreshed and just a general sense of balance in my body. I know it sounds hokey but it’s the only way I can describe it. I remember last year after following the diet (and I hate using that word!) for several months I felt “light” in a way that I hadn’t, possibly ever.



I know that it will not always be easy, and that I need to get better organized and work on planning my meals. I don’t like eating something different than the rest of my family and that can be avoided by making gluten free meals for everyone. I am sure we can all benefit from cutting out much of the processed, refined foods not to mention the intestinal benefits.

No comments: