Saturday, July 11, 2009

Julie and Julia Movie

The world is a really funny place sometimes.

A few years ago I read this blog called The Julie/Julia Project. I found it towards the end of her experience but I really enjoyed her writing and her humour. Basically she had decided that she was going to spend a year making every single recipe from a Julia Child cookbook. I believe that she began working from the beginning of the book but later mixed it up a little. She had lots of successes and some really funny stories along the way. It was a great blog about discovering food, and what one person was capable of doing. As a novice cook I loved reading her interpretations of French cuisine and also her mishaps. Last I read on her blog, she was in the process of writing a book and hoping to get it published.

Fast forward to last night. I’m sitting on the couch watching What Not To Wear (and btw, I SO need that show!) when I see this trailer for a new movie called Julie and Julia. As I watch the preview I think: “self, this all sounds so very familiar, could it be?” So I pull out the trusty old laptop, do some google-ing and find out that I was correct! Her story has been made into a major motion picture! How cool is that!

I was so excited that something that I found in the early stages could become a movie that will be shown in theaters all around the world. As big as the internet is, it is also a pretty small network.

Congrats to Julie on getting her story published and made into a movie, and alongside Julia Childs own story as well. Fabulous!



3 comments:

anji said...

Neat-oh!

Julia child sounds so... british as opposed to american though... over the top? or, boston or what?

Heather said...

That is SOOOO cool! It's so interesting when 'real life' is recognized like that! Thanks for sharing!

alilstrange said...

I LOVED this movie!! How cool is it that you were following her blog, and then to watch this!? Fun :)