Saturday, March 1, 2014

Neighbor nerves

It has not escaped my attention that my last blog entry was almost exactly 3 years ago.  Talk about becoming delinquent!



The house beside us is going up for Sale.  Again.  We have lived on our little square, (yes it really is a square!) for almost 10 years now.  In that time, the houses on either side of me have been sold and re-sold 7 times, if not more.  I'm starting to think that I must be a terrible neighbor.  I try to keep my herd quiet, and make sure to clean up after the dog.  I'm friendly and will occasionally shovel your driveway for you.  But if that's not good enough, well then, I give up.

And so begins the neighbor anxiety.  You know that feeling when you can't help but hope for quiet, considerate, neighbors?  And end up with a couple of teenagers who have parties until all hours of the morning?  You wonder who is going to buy the house?  Maybe that nice older couple we saw driving by slowly to get a good look.  Are there going to be problems? Are my kids going to make new friends? Am *I* going to make new friends? It lasts until the new occupants move in and pleasantries are exchanged.  Then you breathe a sigh of relief and wonder why you ever worried.

It's totally normal to own 3 motorcycles right?


No comments: