My first reaction upon entering the gym was “Wow, it’s been WAY too long since I had been in a gymnastics club”. I never realized how much I had missed the smell, sounds and sights of a gym. Not since I was a preteen had I spent any time among balance beams, uneven bars and vaults. It was almost like coming home. Then I turned and saw the trampolines. They are much bigger than one would think, and very tall! I was a little nervous to say the least. I wondered what I had gotten myself into and whether or not I would actually be able to do this.
As I first walked on to the tramp, I was surprised at the give and the support that it offered. It took me what seemed like forever to get up the nerve to actually start jumping. In fact, I think I just bounced for a bit, trying to get a feel for it. My first day was spent learning some of the basics and conquering my fear of falling through the trampoline or being bounced off. Once I realized that I could trust the mesh I was able to try new sequences.
I have been 3 or 4 times now and every week I am improving. I am still working on some of the basic moves but last night I decided that it was time to try front flips. I started small, and with a crash mat and by the end of the class I was able to do it alone, unassisted (although spotted!) and was so proud of myself. I was ecstatic and on such a high at having achieved something!
I realize this video is not very flattering and it’s not a perfect flip but I thought I’d share it with you, my faithful blog readers J Enjoy! And THANK YOU! Mireille for introducing me to this awesome sport, and YES! It is an Olympic sport! I love the time I spend jumping with you and am so glad that I have someone to share this new interest with!
4 comments:
So fun! I would TOTALLY go with you if I could just get there in time! ha ha ha! Seriously though, congrats on the front flip! Another 1700-mile-high-five!!!
You just look a little drunk at the end, not too bad, hehe :)
Oh yea, the french commentary is cool too! You've lost a lot of weight :)
that looks like a boat load of fun! i wanna try!
Post a Comment