One of the things that I am working really hard on is being able to let things go. I am a control freak by nature but it hasn't done very well for me. It usually keeps me anxious and feeling like I can't do it all. Letting go is a challenge, one that I am sure will take me a long time to overcome. But the ability to let go is so freeing, when it's done properly. I admit that sometimes I act the part, I remind myself over and over to just "let it go".
While researching some discipline techniques for my almost 5-year old, I came across this little gem. It's funny how I find these things at the oddest of places. In any case, it really spoke to me and I thought that maybe someone else could benefit from it as well.
4 comments:
I love this post! Letting go is so hard isn't it? But when I finally do it...ahhhh...feels so good!
Great find! Wonderful words to remember and live by! Thanks for sharing!
This is brilliant and EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Good work. I find for me, journaling why it's hard for me to let go and the things that have led me up to that have really helped me. xoxoxo
I totally get what you're saying! Letting go is so hard to do. I find as a mom it's even harder for me to let go.
I'm learning to let things go. To not hold so tightly to what I think is control. (the tighter you hold on the less control you have)
This past year I feel like the real e is emerging. I'm still not sure who the new me is but I'm liking her so far!
Post a Comment