Sunday, August 22, 2010

Catch up!

So, a month without posting. I should be ashamed right? Well, it is MY blog after all!

I must admit that the last month has found me to be extremely busy. So much so that I am not able to enjoy downtime anymore. I just want to keep going and going. I can't help but wonder how much my new diagnosis/meds play into this, but I'm not going to over think it. I am enjoying being busy, doing new things with the girls and just generally being busy.




One of the things that I had hoped to really make use of this summer was my new bike. Purchased late, I had hoped to get much more use of it than I really have. While I enjoyed the few times that I took it out, I find that the girls are at awkward ages for biking. My 5 year old likes to bike on her own but can't go far distances and my almost 4 year old would love to be able to come along too but she just can't keep up so she gets to sit in the trailer. This summer was sweltering hot and humid and that also played a part in my inability to get out riding. Hopefully now that fall and the cooler weather is almost here I can take advantage of my afternoons alone to get out there and burn some rubber!




I had high hopes for the summer, but as we go into it's final week I know it's time for the girls to get back to school. We need the routine and structure that school brings. This will be the first year that both girls will be in school every afternoon, 5 days a week. It's bittersweet, sending my babies to school but I know that they are ready and will enjoy it so much. I have some big plans while they are gone, mostly to finally clean out my garage (I mean, who really needs 3 strollers and a bike trailer with two kids almost 4 and 5???) and I'd like to clean out basement and get it ready to use as a playroom for the winter.

The basement has been on my project list basically since we moved in. It was not finished well, with bowing wood panelling and a terribly put up suspended ceiling but for all intents and purposes it is mostly finished. It needs some flooring, to cover the poured concrete floor and some TLC but I think I can make it a fun place for the girls to hang out or play. Right now the basement is the catch all for everything that I can't bear to get rid of or that has no home elsewhere in the house. I plan to do a massive decluttering and to show no mercy! If it hasn't been looked at or used in the past year, it's going to charity or the garbage.

With the end of summer comes lots of changes and new goals. I am anxious to see where it all leads.


2 comments:

adventure grrl said...

Love the bike and I am always rooting for people with new goals!!!

Heather said...

How did you squeeze so much into a short post?! And I know, I'm commenting a MONTH late! What is wrong with me!? Anyways, love the bike trailer...always wanted one, never got one. Can't believe both the girls are in school now! Crazy!And I know you are making some serious progress already in the basement and garage! Keep it up! Stay busy! But not too busy to chat with me! ;-)