For the first time in a really really long time (like before I had kids), I have baby envy. I can now fully admit that I miss babies. Heck, I’d even venture as far as to say that I miss being pregnant. Part of me is afraid that I will never experience those things again. Part of me is scared to death of the thought of having another baby logistically, financially etc. But my body is betraying me.
I was folding Anna’s laundry the other night and was shocked and surprised to feel saddened that she had grown out of her pants. These sweet brown suedy soft pants with bink bows. They now hang off her butt and look like she’s waiting for a flood. It’s time to put them away. When this happened with Lea I could put them away knowing that someone else was going to wear them soon, that that was not the last time I would see them. And Anna wore them so much! I cannot believe that my baby is growing up, and so quickly. When I looked at the tag on her pants it was no wonder they didn’t fit her anymore (they were 18mth yikes!) she’s wearing mostly 2’s and some of Lea’s 3’s now! Imagine my surprise!
So yes, baby envy, as well as my own daughters growing too quickly. I want to freeze time and keep them little, at least for now. How do you know when to have expand your family or accept that things are perfect just the way they are?

*sigh*

1 comment:
I don't even know what to say! LOL My personal opinion on the matter, for MYSELF, is that I'm 99% sure I don't want more than 2, so I'm looking forward to getting rid of the baby stuff after my HOPEFUL second grows out of them (if I'm lucky enough to have another boy, lol). But...it's not necessarily that baby envy is about wanting ANOTHER baby, it's want your babies BACK! I can definitely relate to that! I can't believe I have a 4 year old, and there is SOOO much I miss about him from younger years. And, well, I haven't figure out how to solve that problem, except to relish the new moments and accomplishments and to constantly remember the old ones?!!? Let me know how this plays out for YOU! lol
Post a Comment