Things have been busy, as usual and I’m sort of out of the habit of blogging right now, something I really need to work on, but as a recap, here is a bullet entry J
- Bee just finished his busy week at work, and I worked the days that he didn’t. This of course means no time together, a very very messy house, a pile of laundry that needs to be washed and two very tired parents. It’s going to be hard to find a balance and hopefully it won’t take too long because I really don’t like my house looking this way. On the plus side, I think Bee and I enjoy our time together more (at least I know I do) and we seem to be trying to find new and interesting things to do together. Most recently it’s been playing a new game for the Wii called Trauma Centre. We get to be surgeons and perform operations! Too cool
- Why does the Wii never make enough of it’s games. I mean COME ON. We are trying to get a hold of Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution and of course they are sold out… everywhere. Are they not aware of this little thing called supply and demand?
- I am sick sick sick of winter. My friends (Hi Heather and Amy!) are thrilled with the warm temps and are even wearing spring clothes! Here we are still buried under snow with more on the way. Enough already… it’s April.
- I burned myself badly for the first time at the end of the week. Basically poured boiling hot water on my leg (well, not really, I was straining Gnocchi for dinner and spilled some of the water) but the result is a nasty burn on the top of my thigh that is taking forever to heal. I never realized how gross burns are, and how many changes they go through.
- The girls are doing great. Anna now has 4 teeth (must get a pic of that, also she has an incredibly big big tooth lol… I think it’s because that’s the one she got first and I am just not used to seeing her with teeth!) and Lea is being a normal 2.5 year old. She is asserting her independence and tends to freak out whenever she doesn’t get her way. It’s loads of fun! Ha ha. Sarcasm. I know that my going to work has been hard on them and it will take some time for them to get used to it but it’s been a challenge. Her favorite things right now are Winnie the Pooh, Dora, Diego and puzzles
- I really really miss my friends in Texas. I know I only saw them for a week but it was so great to be there and spend time with them. I miss being able to do it on a regular basis. It never really bothered me before because I didn’t know what I was missing. I know that if we lived closer Heather and I would be hanging out constantly. Makes me really sad that we can’t. I see pics of cool things they do and I recognize the people and surroundings and just feel left out. Sucks.

- I don’t have a book to read. Correction, I don’t have a book off my list of to-reads to read. I have requested several from the library and even ordered one from Amazon but none of them are ready for pick up. I just feel so lost when I’m not reading. I have a bookshelf full of books to read but for some reason I need to stick to my “schedule”. I need to remember to keep a new book on hand at all times. I think a trip to the library today is in order.

2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your burn! Ouch!! Hope you are OK!! :-o
Cute pic of Anna's new teeth! :-) We are having rain today- come back sunshine!! ;-)
You are always with us in spirit! We still use the terms 'pull a Mar' and 'turn it on', so you have left your mark!
I am SOO happy Anna has teeth now! Too cute!
I HATE HATE HATE that you burned yourself so bad (and what, no pic? Not gonna gross everyone out?! LOL)...hope it heals faster soon!
If you think 2.5 is challenging, wait until you see THREE! Ha ha ha. Talk about asserting that independence...and being too smart for their own good!
Weather is a bit rainy here too, sunshine is supposed to return this weekend, fingers crossed.
And I TOTALLY know what you mean about not having a book! That's why I started Supernanny, but put it down as soon as I got TTW and Snow Flower from the library! Now that I have that though, I can go back to it between books. I need to see what's next on our list as I'm getting close to finishing Snow Flower.
Hope you are having a good day at work and we talk soon!
Post a Comment