Monday, April 28, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Another bullety update for you!

- Bee is on his busy week at work, and I’m working the 2 days that he’s off in between. This means that we don’t get to see each other very much and when we do, we are both exhausted. This is the part about working too much that I find the hardest. I cannot wait for my hours to go down a bit. It doesn’t help that the last week or so has been packed with activities. Fun activities, but it makes for a busy family!

- My house is a mess. Laundry needs to be done, floors need to be washed, surfaces need to be dusted. Sigh.

- I am frustrated with Amazon. I ordered the book club selection for May (Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O’Neill) at the beginning of April, and was told that it would be here by the 24th. Usually Amazon is right about their shipping dates and it’s usually delivered at the beginning of the time frame given. In this case, I have yet to receive my book. It was purchased used so I think that may be adding to the delay. I contacted the seller and he told me that he had shipped the following day, after receiving my payment. I figured that maybe it was caught in the mail somewhere and let it go. Then a few days ago I got an email from Amazon asking me to “rate the seller”. I felt that I could not do so without at least having received the book and it did not feel right to rate him poorly on something that may or may not be his fault. I have gotten tired of waiting for the book and am anxious to read it since the Book Club meeting is fast approaching. I decided that I was going to contact Amazon and file a complaint and see if there was anything they can do (on a side note, I was recently screwed over by Ebay, a seller taking payments but not shipping products, I DID get my money back) but decided to give the seller one more chance and emailed him again this morning and informed him of my intent to contact Amazon directly. His response was “we will send you another copy priority mail today”. I wonder how long that will take to get here. Most of you know that I am a horrible pushover but I find that as I am getting older, I am becoming a bit firmer and do not like being taken advantage of.

- Bee and I got to go out Saturday night! It was our friends 30th Birthday and we were invited to a private room at a pool hall for a night of drinks and pool. I got all dressed up and felt like a million bucks! It was nice to get out together and just have some fun.





The Birtday boy and his Bro. Just wanted to show all my Texan friends that he is a Dallas Stars fan!


- I got my first pedicure last week. I am not much of a foot person but when my friend Amy suggested it, I would have given anything to get out of the house for an hour so off we went to get our tootsies rubbed. We went for the “spa pedicure” which included a leg massage and paraffin wax. It was heavenly. I can’t believe I waited so long to get one. I just love the way my toes look all painted and my feet are so so soft!





I am in a cooking rut. Ever since I started working again I just find that I do not have time to shop for food or cook. We have been relying heavily on easy to bbq foods, processed and canned food or take out. I hate that we are eating this way, especially as the nice weather approaches and the fruits and vegetables will begin to be fresh again. I really need to get organized and make a meal plan so that Bee knows what to make when I’m at work. Where do I find the time?

I also miss reading. That’s something else that I have had to put aside in all my busy-ness. By the end of the day, I am just too tired to read and end up vegging out in front of the tv for an hour before heading to bed way too early (like 9:30pm).

The nice weather means more time sitting on the patio, which also means patio cushions littering my living room. The girls made themselves a little fort and actually sat there for close to 45 mins reading books and doing puzzles and NOT FIGHTING. That's really the biggest part.

They really make all the hard days easier.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, if you don't need to work, why are you doing this you yourself?
Life is too short, my friend.
:)

Mel :-) said...

Glad you had a nice night out!! Sounds like it was really fun and you look great!
Congrats on the pedicure- aren't they wonderful?? I need one BADLY! ;-)

Katy said...

Wow! you guys are busy. A pedicure is a dream, I agree! We try to make a menu for the week to keep us from grapping fast food/heating up frozen meals, etc. My husband does most of the cooking, I am spoiled that way. Hope your hours cut back soon for you!

Heather said...

Here goes my 'bullety' comment:
-Glad you are fitting in some fun activities, but I do hope your hours cut down very soon and you have more time to yourself (and for me!!!)
-Bah, forget the house! I'm REALLY slacking off on mine and you know what, it's okay, cuz I'm livin' life!
-Bummer about the book, I meant to ask you about that the other day. I'm going to have to have my bro buy it for me after I finish Splendid Suns and Blood Brothers, hope it's worth it! LOL
-You look TOTALLY HOT girl! LOVE that shirt and those sandals! So glad you got out with Bee and had a great time together! Oh, and Go Stars! LOL
-I'm totally bummed that we didn't get your first pedicure together as planned (boo hoo), but at least you have now experienced the joy of it! Aren't they great!? I totally need one! Love the toe pic too, looks beautiful!
-Bummer about not reading or cooking much, it sucks that you are having to let go of some things that you really enjoy. Once again, I hope you can fit them in more in the near future.
-CUTE CUTE CUTE Picture of the girls! So glad you took it! They look like they are having a blast! And Anna's hair looks SO LIGHT?!?! Adorable!

Jolene Perry said...

There's nothing like a great little fort to help kids get along. If it's big enough...