As proof of the difference in our seasons, may I present two photos, one from this past winter and one today.
This was the snow at it's worst. The lumps are my table, and the bbq.
Here you see the guys clearing the snow off the roof. The snowbanks were taller than me!
How quickly it all changes. Here is my front entrance with almost no snow!
And I have a yard again! And a deck!
I am so excited to see grass. Real actual (although brown!) grass. Some other signs that Spring is here: warmer temps 12-14 degrees celsius (that's 55-ish for my American friends), an abundance of wet puddles, lots of rain (not snow! yay!), the girls are in rubber boots or shoes, we can go out without hats or mitts (ok so Anna still has a hat but she's still young), it's light out much earlier and for much longer, the neighbours are all coming out of their houses, I can actually walk to work (when it doesn't rain).
It seems like everyone comes out of hiding in the Spring. I have seen some neighbours that i haven't seen in months out in front of their houses enjoying the nice weather. One lady even remarked "look how much they've grown over the winter" since we weren't outside much i guess it's a huge difference. Anna is now a toddler and Lea is really becoming a little girl.
I also went out with some girlfriends that i had not seen since February (and that was for a child's bday party). We met downtown (downtown! How exciting!) and went for a drink at a pub first, then moved on to a restaurant called "Oh So Good". (We were originally going to go there, but when we found out they didn't serve alcohol we changed our minds. It's not often that we get out without the kids and we wanted to have a drink!). The cool thing about this restaurant is that it only serves dessert. There is an extensive list of cakes, pies and crumbles. So hard to decide! I catered to my sweet and rich tastes and had a sour cherry cheesecake. It was delish! We had lots of laughs and the talking never ended. It was great fun and I look forward to doing it again soon.
Other than that, things are good. Lea is not feeling well and has a fever. We're not too sure what's wrong yet but we are keeping an eye on her. Poor girl.
Cuddling with Daddy this morning
Her new favorite thing to watch. Pooh Bear!
Lea, being as smart as she is, can load the dvd into the player and press play. So Bee decided to make it easier for her to tell the movies apart. How sweet is that????
5 comments:
How cute is that- love the pics your hubs drew on the DVDs!! :-)
Glad to hear that you are getting your nice spring temps finally!!! Spring is so wonderful after a long and cold winter!!
Your girls night sounds like it was so much fun- that sour cherry cheesecake sounds SO GOOD!! You need to get out with your friends more often- it is such a nice break. We moms need that!! :-)
Love the dvd pics, and the smile on Lea's face!
I also LOVE that you showed 'before and after' photos! I still can't believe how much snow is still around though!
I'm so glad you got out with the girls and had a great time! We definitely DO need that more often then we get it!
That is ADORABLE. So, where did you pirate those from???
Gotta love girls night.
And the DVD pics? A-dor-a-ble.
Post a Comment