Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Holidays

For days now I have been debating how exactly to post about the Holidays. I think the sheer enormity of the task has kept me away. It certainly hasn’t been lack of time, since Bee just finished 3 more night shifts. For us the Holidays and the celebrating started on the 15th of December with a family Christmas Party and then just kept going until last week when we had our final Christmas Dinner. All in all they were wonderful with lots of good food and drink and the girls had a blast. It was so nice to be able to experience Christmas through the eyes of a child and it really becomes a magical experience that I am so happy to be able to share with them. In lieu of a long “this is what we did” post, here are some photos of our Christmas Holidays. I hope you enjoyed your Holidays as well and that Santa was good to you!

I am so happy to have my little sister Natalie back in town. Bee was working the day of this party and she was so much help. I could not have done it without her!



Lea is still afraid of Santa. We talked about him a lot and she knew that he brought presents etc but could not be convinced to sit on his lap.



Anna is still too young to care about Santa, she was just anxious to get to the presents!!!



Lea and Bee getting cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve



Anna sampling the reindeer's Carrots. I think she approves!



Lea ever so carefully carrying the milk for Santa



Santa's snack is all ready for him to come and enjoy it!



"The stockings were hung, by the TV with care"



Christmas morning, family shot with timer lol...



Lea went right for the chocolate!

Anna was more interested in eating her toast in the living room than all the gifts!



Lea loves her new kitchen!



Christmas day at Moms. Isn't this horse great? Handmade especially for Lea!


More toys!


Lea and her Mr. Potato Head!

All in all Christmas was a blast, we were all very spoiled and got lots of wonderful gifts and had the chance to spend time with ALL members of our families. It makes for very hectic holidays, but it's once a year and totally worth it!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Amen!
Christmas is a time of you we can't wait to get here...then it goes by so fast...and we're happy it's over!!! LOL
Looks like wonderful memories were created for your two little beauties! Glad you got around to sharing!