It’s a big joke in our family that Birthdays are extra special and we were always treated like little princesses. My sis and I still think that no one should have to work on their Birthdays and we’ve always exaggerated the importance of sharing that special day. Bee learned a long time ago that Birthdays mean a cake, a card and presents. There were a few years where I was disappointed when there was no cake. It’s just another example of how everyone’s rituals and customs are different.This year was a milestone year for me and I am very happy with how it all went. My birthday spanned quite a few days and a lot of people worked very hard to make it very special for me. The first celebration took place on the Friday BEFORE my birthday. Bees sisters decided to help him out and plan a surprise party for me! I was told that we were invited over to play “cards” and that’s what I was expecting. I had a hunch that there might be a party in the works (it’s kind of odd when his sis calls twice and wants to talk to HIM!) but I was pleasantly surprised nonetheless. I received a great set of luggage that I will be able to use on my trip to TEXAS!!! We had cake, and gifts and everyone had a great time.

The Sunday before my birthday (it was on a Monday) we decided to go out for dinner since Monday was a work day we figured it would be nice to go when it was more quiet. I invited my little sis to come with us and she was more than happy to join us for some drinks and tex-mex! It was so nice to spend some time with her and she is so great with the girls! I even got to open some gifts early!




Monday (my actual birthday!) I was allowed to sleep in, and basically just lazed around all day. Bee wouldn’t let me do anything to help, not even put my dishes in the dishwasher. He made me a delicious breakfast (French toast at my request!) and then pampered me the rest of the day. There were also a few gifts from him and the girls and some really sweet cards. He had also gotten me a cake so we got take out for dinner and had MORE cake for dessert!

The Birthday Extravaganza ended last night, a week later! My good friends Monica and Jon invited us and the girls over for dinner. The girls had never been to aunt momo's house and of course they just loved the puppy! We had a delicious dinner with lots of drinks and it was a great time!
Monica's new puppy Niles, LOVED Anna!All in all it was a wonderful birthday and I can’t believe that I am now a year (and decade!) older.
I have to add this picture :) This was the best card that I have ever gotten and it just reinforces my decision to go to Texas! Thanks Heather!
3 comments:
OMG, where do I start!
First, you are SOOOO OLD!
YAY for luggage! I think Anna will fit! *wink*
Such a pretty necklace! Go mom!
Hey! That's me in the birthday cake moment! Yay! :)
CUTE CUTE CUTE pic with Anna and Niles!
And finally, what a GREAT birthday card! That's one great bff you have there! I know the ticket is already purchased, but I just wanted to make sure you had all the motivation you needed to make it all the way to Texas! No turning back now!
Love ya! And Happy Birthday!
Happy 30th B-day! :-) You will LOVE Texas!! My 32nd is in a few weeks- wish I could head to TX to celebrate it! ;-)
Awww, so sweet!
Yes, your birthday should be a national holiday :)
The pics are cute, but you should have gotten one of lea and i waltzing in the restauran :P
Happy Birthday Sis!!!
Nat
Post a Comment