I have decided to give up on Harry Potter 5 - The Order of the Phoenix. I know that some of you will be sadly disappointed but I just cannot get into these books. This is the second time I have tried to read this one and have had to put it aside. I just don't have enough time to read as it is, and would rather read something that I truly enjoy. Like this:

That's lullabies for little criminals by Heather O'Neill. I know that Heather has had a hard time finding it, I think because it was written by a Canadian author. It was chosen at this month's book club selection (and btw, was also the book that I had ordered from Amazon and never received until I complained and got sent another copy priority post). It's a truly wonderful book, in all it's sadness. The subject matter could be considered depressing but I love the way the book is written and the insight into this little girls world. It really is sad but very very well written. It's so nice to be able to read something and look forward to reading again (sorry Harry!)
It's also great to have some new friends on Goodreads (Hi Mel! and Belva!) it's so great to be able to share my hobby with others and I love reading about others' opinions when it comes to books. It's also a great way to find new reads that I may have missed as well. It's been a fun way to try new authors and also discuss books with friends. I truly love this site!
________
You know what's really truly frustrating? I made a lasagna from scratch for dinner last night. The last time I made it, was when I was away in Texas and Bee said the girls loved it. Well, last night they certainly did NOT. Lea had maybe one bite and Anna decided to throw it all over the floor. See:
I try not to take it personally and they did have a big lunch but I still find it really frustrating when I go to the trouble to cook and then they don't eat. If it were nuggets, Mac and Cheese or Chef Boyardee they will eat like little fiends. I know that this is the nature of kids but I just needed to vent a little!
________________
I found the cutest little pair of Crocs (not the real ones!) at my store for a whopping $2.99 and I was thrilled to find that they were just Anna's size! I had to get them for her :) I just love these pictures and hope her legs stay chubby like that forever!!!! (ok, not really but you know what I mean!)

Look at those chubby legs!!!! LOVE IT!

4 comments:
I agree that kids certaintly don't make cooking from scratch worth it! love the chunky legs!
Hi back at ya! Thanks for the 'goodreads' shout-out! ;-) I love to read too, I think I will love being on it!!
Lasagna looks yummy and the pics of the chubby legs are super-cute! Crocs are a favorite around here with my kiddos too!! :-)
I'm a sucker for baby legs!
Well, I must say I am disappointed about Harry, but I'll get over it! I'm looking forward to reading Lullabies though!
Bummer about the lasagna, but I guess with kids it's always a game of hit or miss!
Cute Crocs! I can't believe how much Anna Banana is growing up!!!
Post a Comment