Friday, May 16, 2008

The haps (fancy word for yet another bullety post)

Things have been very busy the last few days and I haven't had the time to update or email anyone. I hate feeling so disconnected. So, I think that in the interest of time, I will make this another bullety entry. Ok, I also have an ulterior motive. I'm moving my blog over to worpress and this is my first time using their posting software and bullets is one of the things that Blogger gave me a hard time with, so i'd like to see if it's much easier now :)







  • Yesterday was one of those hectic days that gave me a glimpse of my future into a mom of two busy girls. I spent a good part of my day in the car. First it was Lea's library story time so I took her to that (she got to plant a Pea plant! so neat!). Then Anna had an appt with the allergist (more on that in a bit), then Bee and I attended a wake (more on that too) then I went out to visit with some friends. Phew. It was truly a tiring day and not exactly how I would have chosen to spend my day off.











  • As most of you know, Anna has some pretty bad eczema and things have not been normal in the BM department forever, really. So we are trying to figure out what the cause of all this is, if there even is one. The second thing the ped recommended (after blood work) was that she see an allergist to rule out any allergies, more specifically milk. We met with the Dr, and she did a whole bunch of allergy tests (poor Annas arms were covered from shoulder to wrist) to find that she has NO allergies. I am thankful that that is the case, since I would not wish for her to have allergies, but i'm also disappointed that we have to keep searching for the cause of her ailments. We have an appt with a pediatric gastroenterologist for the fall, so maybe that will shed some light?











  • Shortly after Mother's Day, Bee got an email that a friend of his, that he had worked with some odd 10 years ago had passed away. We both worked with him and decided to attend the wake to pay our respects. We were a little surprised that it was open casket but it was also nice to "see" him one last time to say goodbye. We didn't stay very long since we'd never met any members of his family and felt sort of out of place. We realized on the drive home that it was the first time either of us have lost someone so close to us in age. It's so sad to think of a life that's ended way too early.











  • I finally got rid of the hideous white rocks that used to be at my front entrance. The condo corp decided to order a truckload of topsoil that we could all use to reseed our front lawns and I took advantage of the soil to finally give away the small decorative white rocks that I have always detested. In some situations they really look nice, but I was not happy with them. We have plans to put stones all the way across (Bees idea) or plant some plants and make it into a little garden (my idea!)





    Lea last fall helping me clean up the rocks





    ugh. the rocks.






    the front sans rocks!

    2 comments:

    Mel :-) said...

    Wow- you have had a busy week! Sorry to hear about the eczema issues as well as the death of your Hubs' friend!! The front walk looks great! I am not a fan of the white rocks either!! Good job! :-)

    Heather said...

    LOVE the front walk without the rocks! YAY! Garden would look so great there!
    I am glad Anna doesn't have allergies, but I hope you do find the cause of the issues soon.
    You are always busy girl, I hope you get some good R&R soon...plus, I miss you way too much!