Lea is on the cusp of turning three. She is such a remarkable little girl, very funny, caring and spirited. It is amazing to see her walk, run and most of all speak! As anyone who knows her well knows, she is a chatterbox! (she gets that from her mother!). She has come out with some really funny things over the last few weeks and I've got to share a few with you, for your enjoyment and my own safekeeping.
The other day, I politely asked her to pick something up the floor and she looked at me, straight in the face and said "no you do it."
Her favorite words are "cuz" and "sure". Her answer to everything is "cuz". Mainly, "Lea why did you do that?" her answer "cuz". Sure she uses as an affirmative response. As in "Lea would you like to set the table", "sure". The fact that she can even understand those concepts blows me away!
The funniest so far was yesterday. Bee and the girls picked me up after work, right at supper time. We were talking about what to make for dinner and I had taken out the fixings for tacos. But Bee let slip that he had brought a sippy cup for Anna "in case we decided to go somewhere for dinner" Lea, from the backseat immediately yells out "I wanna go out for dinner!" (props to Bee for remembering the eact words). We figured she would understand if we mentioned specific names so we tried to stay very generic but she caught on and there was no changing her mind. We're going to have to be more and more careful about what we say in front of her!
She also likes to talk to her dolls and I often hear her repeating things i've said. Mostly "baby go in timeout not listen, two minutes", followed by "say sorry and give me a hug". Today in the car she had a full conversation about how I brush her hair too fast and she says "no go fast Mommy". And if you ask her if she had a good night, like if i'm at work, she'll say " i was crying mommy! mommy! mommy!" complete with fake cry and all.
One of her newest sayings, and one that I am trying to make sense of, is "no go home mommy". She has said that quite often lately, in fact almost everytime we've come home from somewhere. I hope it's because she's at an inquisitive age and there is just so much to explore. I am trying hard not to take it personally.
In any case, it really is amazing to see how far she's come and I can't wait to see who she will become. I love my baby girl!

\

2 comments:
Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?!? Cute pics! :-)
OMG! She reminds me of Riley! His answer to most 'why' questions is STILL 'because'...that's it. So funny!
It's cute how she role plays with her dolls, and re-enacts her night without you. She is growing up so fast, and she's so darn smart!
I'm sure the 'no go home' is because she's having so much fun doing stuff! Little miss social?
Love the pics!
Post a Comment