Every once in a while I like to move around furniture and change the way my space looks. This was much easier to do in the apartment or my bedroom than it is in the house! A few days ago Bee and I decided to move his computer from the upstairs bedroom down into the living room so that we could at least be in the same space in the evenings. Usually he would go up to play WoW shortly after the girls were in bed and I would watch tv or read. It meant that we spent all our free time, apart. We are trying to work on our relationship and this is one of the things we decided to try.
Yesterday was a supremely bad day. Whiny kids, bad service at the stores etc all led to my feeling like I was going to snap at any moment. So after dinner, during the toddler witching hour (ie 6:30-bedtime) we decided to put together the new desk and move around the furniture so that Bee could bring down his computer. It took us about 1.5 hrs and the girls were a big help! The brought me books (one by one of course!) to put back on the bookcase once we’d moved it and just helped us move stuff around. It was nice to do something labor intensive and that kept us all busy at the end of a long and stressful day. I think the end result looks pretty neat! Judge for yourselves:
The bookshelf used to be where the desk is now (I hate the incredibly bare walls but I just can't find the perfect picture to hang there!)
Another shot of the desk the bookshelf has been moved next to the ent unit and it has been decluttered! (notice the letter to Sam on tv, yes the Wiggles again!)
The desk came with a little bookcase that we had no room for so I decided to put it here, on the landing with some more of my books in it!I’ve also decided to change my blog from Blogger to Wordpress. That means I have bought my own domain (Bee said I am not truly a nerd since I have my own domain name!) and I am slowly working on getting things up and running. Feel free to take a peek here: http://www.pinkmarvels.com/ I am very frustrated with Bloggers editing and the other night it took me 15 minutes to write a post and 50 mins to upload pics and get it edited properly. What a colossal waste of my time! Wordpress is apparently much easier to use and more user friendly so we’ll see! I’ll definitely let you know when I start using that site exclusively so you can all change your blog roll links J
I’d also like to add that a fellow blogger of mine, Danigirl posted this great list of free/inexpensive things to do in Ottawa and I thought some of my local readers might be interested! I definitely plan on checking out most of these places! Here is the post: http://danigirl.ca/blog/
2 comments:
I like to move things around too.
Wanna add another book to your shelf?
I've got a signed copy of The Host up for grabs on my site. Come enter.
'toddler witching hour'!!! I LOVE IT!
Desk and bookshelf look great! What a neat idea to spend more time together! Great work!
Let me know how Wordpress works for ya!
Post a Comment