Before I started working and had loads of time on my hands, I loved television. I had a size able number of shows that I watched on a regular basis. Once in a while I would stop watching, usually due to a really good book. So, you know I am really busy when I have to delete shows off my PVR. My wonderfully reliable, gift sent from heaven, box o escape.
Back when the girls were little and did this wonderfully awesome thing called “nap” I would sit and watch my shows from the previous night. Or, If they decided to be up all night, I took it as a great time to clear out the pvr. I am ashamed to admit that in the last few weeks we have recorded only minutes or no show at all due to this little thing called “disc space”. Yes that’s right folks, I filled up the entire hard drive. In repentance (and because I could not give up ALL my shows) I decided to eliminate those that I was less interested in watching and those that I could somewhere else. So, what is on my PVR these days, take a look:
AI (2 episodes, not really sure why tho… I rarely watch. It’s one of those shows that I watch if they’re on while I’m browsing).
Behind enemy lines (ahem. We know who that belongs to!)
Buy Me (2 episodes, it’s a really cheesy Canadian real estate show about people selling their houses. I am always looking for inspiration or ideas and the fact that it’s kinda local make it seem more realistic. Plus it will help me sell my house when the time comes to upgrade)
CSI (2 episodes, deleted… we’ve given up. We plan on renting the whole season and watching that way).
Desperate Housewives (yikes. I'm 6 episodes behind. If it wasn't for you Amy! I would not watch!)
Dora (10 episodes - a big hit with the preschoolers!)
Fixing Dinner (Another Canadian Cheesy show! love the show but waiting for new episodes and I don’t want to miss any!)
Go Diego Go (what can I say, I love my kids!)
Sportscentre (not mine!)
Supernanny (one of my faves so I’m up to date! I try to remember that at least my kids aren't "that bad" to avoid freaking out over whats to come in the next few years!)
The Wiggles (6 episodes – including “ You make me feel like dancing!”)
Trading Spouses: Meet your new Mommy (another one that I am caught up on. One of my guilty pleasures! I even watched half of this episode but it was so depressing that I had to stop)
Y&R (6 episodes. Amazing really, considering it’s on daily and I lost track when I went to Texas way back at the beginning of March. Another show I could NOT give up, hence keeping up with it!)
If any of you are still reading, I’m so sorry that was prolly totally boring! But I’m always curious about what others watch, how much they watch and what they do instead. Pleas share how you feel! Lets discuss!!! LOL…
I really really admire people who do not have television and have debated giving it up. I had a girlfriend that had only the most basic cable available, in fact it might have been an antenna. And she had walls and walls of books. That she’d read. It was incredible. She often made suggestions to me and we were always trading books. The thought of being able to do that seems heavenly but it’s just not realistic. I like to enjoy reading and when I’m tired, at the end of a long day I often can’t make any sense of what I’m reading. I will read the same few lines over and over again. Those are the nights that I turn to the warm, blue glow of the screen.
*raises hand*
My name is Mar and I am addicted to television.
*returns to really old episode of Desperate Housewives*
She spends way too much time in my house!
4 comments:
Ah, TV a necessary evil at times :) I do love our DVR, so we can watch at our convience, but as you said sometimes it gets backed up :)
I love my Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. We have CSI and Shark on there, but haven't been so good at keeping up. Hubby watches Smallville and Battlestar Gallatic (I cuddle and may or may not chose to fall asleep). Life with out Dora and Diego taking up space would not be the same:)
That was great. My DVR is 3/4 kid shows and movies for those blissful free weekend of Starz. The remaining 1/4 is The Daily Show, What Not to Wear and Scrubs.
We're behind on everything.
I am with Belva- Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives are my favorites!!! The DH finale was last night and it was really good but I have so many questions now!!!! :-o
Well, you know that I'll be the first to attend the TV-aholics meetings with you! My DVR says it has 70 shows on there...I'm all caught up on American Idol and Dancing with the Stars...but what have I got on there...
Army Wives, Brothers & Sisters, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Lost (I'm way behind on ALL those first ones, SEVERAL episodes, if not the entire season)...One Tree Hill, Smallville, Supernatural, The Soup, The Riches, Ugly Betty (once again, behind on most of these, mainly due to keeping up with all my reality tv, like Idol, Beauty & The Geek, etc. so the others get passed over)...and yes, there is some Superwhy, Word World, and Wiggles on my DVR, but honestly, I don't keep many of those because they come on every day, I can find them On Demand, on the computer, we have dvds of them, etc.
And you thought YOU were a TV junkie?!? At least my dvr is full, so I must not watch it that much, I just have HIGH HOPES to!
Post a Comment