Monday, February 4, 2008

The importance of communication


Anna has been changing in leaps and bounds the last few months. She started crawling, eating solids, walking, waving, nodding and now even a few words! I am learning that my little girl, Anna is turning into a determined, strong willed firestorm. Her personality is so different from Lea’s, it’s amazing that they are related. But, She also has a Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde thing going on. I don’t know if she’s uncomfortable or frustrated but she just gets so cranky and really has no idea what she wants. A few days ago we taught her how to nod and we’ve been practicing with her. A few times she surprised us and we just chalked it up to luck. Tonight was another one of those nights. It was a little earlier than her normal bedtime but she started to get cranky. Not crying just whining. She didn’t want to be held, or put on the ground. I tried milk, cuddling, stories and anything else I could think of. I finally caved and asked her if she wanted to go to bed and she nodded yes???? She went down with her usual minimal amount of crying and I haven’t heard from her since. I still don’t know if it was intentional or not but I sure got the message!


The little Diva Herself!


She’s also become a lot more rough and harder to hold than Lea did. During diaper changes she wriggles, crawls away, rolls over, takes off the diaper anything she can to make it harder! She is hard to dress, hard to hold on to and loves to crawl up and over everything even people. She doesn’t bat an eye when I try to discipline her and is very fond of pinching right now. And let me tell you she hurts! I mean I have bruises J




Where did my sweet little girl go?



Showing her sillier side! Shortly before she walked she would assume this position, look at everything upside down and giggle.


Her new game is to grab the spoon from us and try to feed herself. This shot sums it all up! Notice the utter delight on her face, the spoon askew and the blob of applesauce on her clothes! (Heather, there's the box!!! ;)



I love the differences and the similarities between my girls and they make me smile each and every day.

We left them overnight on Friday and I struggled with coming home to an empty house. Their bedroom doors were opened and their blinds were up. I could tell they weren’t there and I felt incredibly empty. Like a huge part of me was missing. I missed my girls like crazy. We were up bright and early to go get the girls and it didn’t feel quite right until we were all home together again. I am terrified of how much I am going to miss them when I go away in March L

My girls having fun together (sorry about the naked baby!)




2 comments:

Heather said...

How cute! I really can't believe how much it seems Anna has changed in such a short period!
I know you will miss them in March :-( but it's worth it!!!!
Your daughters are ADORABLE as usual! Love the upside down pic especially!

Mel :-) said...

They really DO grow soo fast!! Love the sweet pics! :-)