Thursday, February 21, 2008

Museum of Nature

One of the really fun things about having kids, especially now that they are a little older, is being able to do things like visit museums. There are quite a few here in Ottawa and so far I have been impressed with each one. Yesterday we decided to go visit the Museum of Nature with our good friends Josh, Amy and their two little ones. Their kids are the same age as mine so we always have a great time together! I was worried that Lea would be afraid of the Dinosaurs but she did extremely well! The benefit of going during the day is that it was practically empty and the girls were able to have the run of the place. Poor Bee likes to stop and read the exhibits, not so easy to do with 2 -2.5 year olds and 2- 1 year olds!

Lea got to play Archaeologist!


She even found a fossil!


Dino Poop!



Lea got up close and personal with the dinosaur!



Anna had a chance to see him too!

Me, checking out the Hares


We are one HOT family!

Lea found the Polar Bear!

5 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

So cool! There's nothing like that around here. We have one kids science center here and it's about 55 miles from where we live. It makes me miss living in the city. Very cool.

Mel :-) said...

Fun!! I love spending a few hours at the museum with my kiddos! (honestly that is about all I can do though- they wear me out!) ;-) That looks like an awesome museum, glad you had a nice time!

Mel :-) said...

Fun!! I love spending a few hours at the museum with my kiddos! (honestly that is about all I can do though- they wear me out!) ;-) That looks like an awesome museum, glad you had a nice time!

Mel :-) said...

Ok my computer is stupid sometimes!! :-o I don't know why it does that?!?!?

Heather said...

Looks like a blast! LOVE the polar bear picture!
So glad the girls weren't scared of the dinos, those are cool! Even their poop! Ha ha ha.