Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Quick Update

My house, is full of germs. I mean seriously, really bad, make my kids miserably sick germy germs. It started with Anna, fevers and a runny nose and then a wet sounding cough followed by bouts of gagging (especially fun when happening while I AM DRIVING). The day after Anna got sick, Lea’s nose started to run and she too was coughing up a lung. Last night, for the first time ever, Lea asked to sleep in our bed. It’s something I am dead set against, under normal circumstances, but where illness is concerned, I was willing to bend the rules. OH MY GOD. Co sleeping is soooo not for me. I hardly slept at all between her coughing, tossing, turning and burning up. When I did sleep I don’t think I ever moved an inch so I woke up stiff and sore. Of course I now have a sore throat and runny nose. That’s the price I pay for nursing my little munchkins.



And may I add, that my Doctor’s office freaking rocks. I was able to get Anna seen yesterday on short notice because of her lack of interest in food, persistent fevers and coughing. She was pronounced as having a really bad cold and I was told to give her syrup for her chest congestion and Tylenol for the fever. Today, while out running errands, Bee called to announce that Lea had a fever of 103.5. I promptly called the doctor’s office and got an appointment that same afternoon. She actually squeezed us in between patients. Her fever actually jumped to 104.2 but went down about 45 minutes after we’d given her the medicine and was a respectable 101.5 at the doctor’s office. I swear, taking kids to the doc’s is like taking a car to the mechanic because it makes “that noise” that miraculously stops whenever everyone else drives the vehicle.



So, please excuse me while I throw in some laundry, I have no more shirts without snot stains and my hands stink like Vicks Baby Rub.



PS: I think Anna has nightmares about this:





If you don't know what that is, you've obviously never had to try to shove it up your kids nostril to clear out excess mucus. Yes, it's a snot sucker. How gross.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Sorry to hear that you are all sick. I had to take Adam to the doctor yesterday as well. Just getting him to take a deep breath for the MD at the appropriate moment was a chore!

Mel :-) said...

Sorry you are all sick! That's great that you could get right in. We can usually get the kids right in too and it makes it so nice. At our last base you had to wait forever it seemed or just take them to the ER if it was bad enough that they needed to be seen right away!! I definitely prefer it here where they can be seen WHEN they need to be seen! Feel better soon so you can hop on that plane to Texas!!! :-)

Heather said...

I'm so glad to see you have been able to keep your sense of humor through this ordeal! You are too funny!
Although I know it sucks, I'm glad it happened this week and not next, becuase I know it would have KILLED you to not be the one taking care of your babies!
I hope you don't get to feeling worse though!
Glad to know they seem to be healing today!