Monday, November 12, 2007

De-Cluttering

I have decided that it is time to de-clutter my house. I have a long winter ahead of me so I am hoping to finish this project by next Spring. I know it seems like a really long time, but I have a lot of work to do! For example, there are still unpacked boxes from when we moved in , 3 years ago. I know, I know, I should just throw them out since there can't be anything too important in them, but I just can't bring myself to do it!

The challenge that I am facing is that I like to receive clothes for the girls. I have found that for the most part it is in good condition and saves me quite a lot of money. The problem is that I have boxes upon boxes of clothes, in various sizes and for all different seasons. So, my first step is to go through the clothes and sort it all. My first task has been to go through the clothes that were given to me and keep what I want and give away the rest. I already have 3 bags (ok, 1 is Bees and my old clothes!) ready to go to the Canadian Diabetes Association (they come pick it up at my door! Score!) and the rest I have boxed up. In all honesty, I have never cleaned Leas closet or her change table and she is now 2 years old.

*hangs head in shame*

But, I am doing something about it now and that's all that counts! So Lea's closet and change table are all clean and ready for some shelving so that I can put out more clothes. Her dresser only has 3 drawers and it has gotten too small. Now the challenge is that most of the clothes in Leas closet are going to go to Anna, but her closet is full too! LOL!!!!

One thing at a time right? I'll be sure to keep you posted on my progress! Hopefully that will motivate me to keep working at it!

BTW: Does anyone have any ideas of things to do with old bumper pads? Lea got a great set that matches her bedding but it's barely used and I hate to just throw it out???

3 comments:

Trace said...

I can email you the name of a local charity that assists young moms - they are always looking for baby stuff like bumper pads...

Mel :-) said...

I am the WORST about letting clutter pile up!! I procrastinate so much!! I have been working on getting old stuff out the door to friends and charity...it has been slow-going! Good luck with the de-cluttering! ;-)

Heather said...

I am in the EXACT same boat with the not fulling unpacking after moving in 3 years ago! So sad. Baby Steps! That's our motto, girl! And I, too, love the charities that pick up at your door! I'm on the lookout for the postcards that come in my mail on a regular basis now! Good Luck! You are doing great!