Monday, November 12, 2007

Margarine - The Forgotten Necessity





We have been out of margarine for the last few days. Sounds so odd to say since I never run out of anything! (hey, it's true i'm organized). Bee even went to the grocery store for margarine and other items and came home with lots of yummy food but no margarine (oops!) We have since been trying to make do (once again because of Anna's teething, makes it hard to get out and we keep forgetting doh!)


So, the last few mornings Lea's been asking for Cinnamon Raisin Toast, her new favorite breakfast and of course, I have to say no, because (you guessed it!) we have no margarine. So she's been making do with cereal, waffles, muffins and pancakes (poor deprvied child!) but last night, after a long day of dealing with crusty kids, we decided to have Kraft Dinner (mac and cheese to my American friends!). Bee had the pot boiling on the stove and I was ecstatic about not having to cook (and also trying to figure out how to sneak in some veggies!) when it suddenly occurs to me that we HAVE NO MARGARINE. So, what did we do you ask? Did we rush out to the store to buy margarine? Well no, we took it as a sign and decided to get McDonalds instead. Because it's much easier to go through the drive thru then go into a store!


Needless to say, on today's agenda is a trip to the store to get, yup, you guessed it, margarine!!!

*ETA - I wrote this a few days ago and yes, I did make it to the store for margarine and Lea happily had Cinnamon Raisin Toast :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Deja Vu! LOL
You know what I already commented! :-)

Trace said...

Oh I hear ya! I buy the huge tub of Becel because I've run out one too many times! LOL!!
ALthough one time I mashed up avocado and used that as a spread for toast... it WAS yummy! LOL!!
But I don't think that'd work so well on cinnamon raisin toast or in KD....