
I always knew that having children would mean making some sacrifices. Animated movies, playing with kids toys, reading kids books etc... but I draw the line at these guys! Lea has fallen in LOVE with the Wiggles. It's not even 8:30 am and she's already asked for their dvd. Of course in the hopes of a few minutes of peace I acquiesced. Is it just me or is is a little odd that 4, relatively normal, possibly straight guys have created this empire built on entertaining little kids? I mean Sharon and Lois had Bram but this is different...
Of course the problem is that their songs are way too darn catchy and the dance moves are so simple even a 2 year old (mine included!) can follow along. But, it's really annoying when your husband walks around all day singing:
Fruit Salad,Yummy Yummy
Fruit Salad,Yummy Yummy
Fruit Salad,Yummy Yummy
Yummy Yummy Yummy
Yummy Fruit Salad!
The only part we know (so far!) is the chorus and even Lea will now complete the sentence chiming in with "yummy yummy" when she hears either one of us sing "fruit salad'. Don't get me wrong, it really is sweet to see!
OMG, I just noticed that I can download Wiggles Ring tunes for my cell phone. How cool would I be standing in line for my Timmy's coffee only to hear my pocket emit the melodious sounds of the Wiggles? Not very I guess... I might as well walk around wearing a t-shirt that says I have kids and drive a minivan (oh wait, I already do!)
So, the moral of the story, the Wiggles are like crack for kids (at least mine) and if you don't ever want to be caught quietly singing the words to "Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car" while out in public do NOT let them into your home!
PS: The Wiggles have really been a godsend with Annas recent teething woes. It seems to keep both girls entertained at least for a little while and it gets us up and dancing too! Wouldn't you love to see that!
3 comments:
Toot Toot Chugga Chugga!!! LOL!
I've actually made what I know see was a mistake, and TRIED to get Ri to watch The Wiggles and he wasn't very interested. Guess I lucked out on that one. Not so with Barney or Teletubbies though. Aaahhh, the joys of parenthood!
Not to worry, Barney is on regular rotatin around here too! I am debating NOT getting her those Wiggles DVDs for cmas... LOL.. we're already on round 2 this morning...
HOWL!! The daycare kids LOVE the Fruit Salad song!! We often have the rogers treehouse music station playing in the background and the Fruit Salad song is often on... we always stop and dance to that one! LOL!!
Post a Comment