Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's beginning...

to look a lot like Christmas!

Yesterday morning we woke up to our first layer of snow. We had gotten a little bit of snow a few days earlier but not enough to stick around. The weather forecast was saying 15-20cm (6-8 inches) of snow was going to fall overnight. I haven't actually measured how much snow we got, but it's quite a lot!



Last year we didn't get much snow, I remember wondering if I was going to experience my first ever "green christmas", but I also remember not being too upset about the lack of the slippery white stuff. Considering I was 9 months pregnant, it's easy to see why! I think we might be in for a lot more snow this year. I guess it's soon time to break out the sled!

We got our family Christmas photos done yesterday, and I must say, it went a lot better than I had expected. We managed to get a couple of good shots that I am sure you will all see in a few weeks ;) I had to remind myself over and over that we were not going to get the PERFECT shot, that realistically with 2 kids under 2, the odds of getting a photo where both girls are looking and smiling at the camera are pretty much equal to me winning the lottery. Once I had that in mind, it was a lot easier! Kids have a way of making us think more realistically lol...

I would like to wish all my American friends, a very wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so jealous that you are eating turkey with all the trimmings! Seems like ours was months ago, wait! it was! lol... Enjoy and be Thankful!

2 comments:

Trace said...

Hiya!!

Are you enjoying all of this snow??

I bundled the kids today and we all went outside to play - its the first time that Luke has ever played in the snow...so I got some snapshots of him... tooo funny!! He didn't know WHAT to make of it!!

Can't wait to see the family portrait!
Hugs, Hugs
Trace

Heather said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!