Saturday, November 10, 2007

Teething Bites

Anna is right in the middle of what we assume is teething. Who knew that growing teeth could be such an ordeal! Now, I have very easygoing children but I have been told that teething affects all kids differently and I must say that mine really struggled with it, especially the first tooth. It probably doesn't help that she is almost 11 months old and can most likely feel pain and know what it is, unlike infants or younger babies.

What I can't seem to grasp is how something mouth related can cause so many other body problems. I mean night wakefulness I get, drooling, earache I get, but what I don't get is diaper rash, runny nose and loose stools???? I am sure that it's all part of the process but the fact of the matter remains that my daughter is miserable and there isn't anything I can do to help her (Or so it seems). We have tried Tylenlol, Gripe Water, Advil, Camilia (homeopathic teething aids) and nothing really seems to work. She hardly wants to eat, or drink and doesn't want to be held but don't even think of putting her down on the floor by herself. She will let you know how she feels about that!

I think the night waking, coupled with taking care of a busy toddler has made for a very tired Mom. I want my happy, smiley, non wet and drooly, sleep through the night, baby back :(


This Photo is brought to you by Lea! How did I guess? By the finger over the flash of course!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ever thought of Nyquil? JUST KIDDING! I'm sure it's draining and my fingers are crossed that we'll see Anna's first cleaming tooth VERY soon!!