Sunday, December 23, 2007

2 more dodos!

I have to admit that this is the first year that I have really been truly excited for Christmas in a very long time. There is something about having kids that brings all the magic back! I have been making all my preparations and am hoping to be done by Christmas Eve so that we can just relax and enjoy. Bee is on night shifts so I have spent the last 3 nights wrapping presents. And anyone that knows me, knows that I hate wrapping and that I suck at it! But with Bee working and me at home watching tv, it just doesn’t seem fair to leave it for him. I am pleased to say that I am almost done! All I have left to do is Bees stocking.





It’s so funny how every family tradition is different. Heather and I have been sharing our differences and it’s just so neat that everyone’s Christmas morning routine is different! We leave out empty stockings, the items in the stocking are wrapped, we open stockings upstairs before coming downstairs to see what Santa brought, we wrap gifts from Santa etc…



This will be the first year that we get to leave milk and cookies out for Santa and that has always been one of my favorite memories. I will never forget the year we left out a bowl of sugar for Rudolph and when we woke up the next morning there was an imprint of a reindeer tongue in the sugar! So magical! Last year Lea was still quite young and Bee actually had to work Christmas day so we unwrapped all our gifts on Christmas Eve, hence the no milk and cookies. But, this year we are all home and I think she is old enough to sort of understand that Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk! I can’t wait to see her reaction!





I have a great Christmas eve planned, and I can’t wait to just relax with Bee and watch a movie. I have picked up Egg Nog, chips and mixed nuts, and we are planning on watching the Santa Clause 3. It will be nice to just unwind and spend some time with Bee before the craziness of Christmas begins! Especially since he’s worked the last 4 nights!











2 comments:

Heather said...

You are moving right along!
It DOES feel magical this year, doesn't it?! I mean, everything! I, too, cannot wait to leave cookies and milk out for the big guy and see Riley's reaction in the morning! So much to look forward to!
Enjoy SC3!!! :-)

Pappy Imbits said...

Sorry to break your heart Marianne, it was me (Daddy) that licked the sugar, lol lol . I remember how much fun it was when you girls were little too, but it still not the same as when I was little, the whole magic of Santa. Looking forward to spend some hiliday time with the Poupounes.