Sunday, December 9, 2007

Crock Pot Chili

So I missed a day of holidailies. I would be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed but my reason makes up for it! I was busy all day preparing for a Christmas party at the Parliament Buildings! A once in a lifetime opportunity! More to come.

While perusing the shelves at my local grocery store, I came across this:




On the back are all the necessary ingredients (which I already had on hand!) and the instructions. I love chili but have yet to find the perfect recipe. So I figured why not give it a try. Bee is working days this week (long, long days!) so I prepped the chili last night and plugged it in at 9am this morning to cook for 8 hours. I have just gotten home from a playgroup and I must say, my house smells delicious! I love the idea that I won’t have to think about dinner later, won’t have decide what to make. It’s already done and cooked for me too! I am hoping the girls will eat Chili but there are leftovers in the fridge in case they don’t. I plan to grate some cheese and butter some rolls to have with it. I think it will be a yummy dinner on a cold wintery day!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE slow cookers! YUMMY!
And lady...if you need a good chili recipe, why don't you ask your friend in TEXAS?!?! I can send you some doozies! *wink*

Trace said...

YAY!! Gotta love Crockpot days, eh?!!!!

I have ooodles of recipes... give me a holler if you need any!!

Hugs, Hugs
Trace