Holidailies people, please take pity on me! This post was written and sent to Blogger from my email client and I totally forgot it was there. Bee is also working his long week at work, (5 x 12.5 hr shifts in 7 days - Rough) so I just had not gotten around to getting it posted. May I please have a get out of jail free card this one time?
Ahem.
While grocery shopping last week with my friend Amy, I came across a package of Gnocchi. I remembered that the few times i'd had it, I'd really enjoyed it so I decided that at $2.99 it was something I could afford to try. I was even happier to read that it cooks in 2-3 mins (once you've got the full pot to a rolling boil, 15 mins or so). The girls had theirs with pasta sauce and I whipped up a quick Alfredo sauce (recipe below) to make my favorite sauce, rosee. Both girls cleaned their plates. That's not unusual for Anna, but Lea thought they were pasta, it was the only way she'd eat them (my child dislikes everything potatoes, except french fries and Gnochhi apparently!). It was nice to have a meat free meal (and yes I served bread and a veggie) but I think I will try it with chicken or Italian sausages next time. It was totally easy and truly delicious. Worth the try!

Chronicles of a Curious Cook: Easy Alfredo Sauce
Easy Alfredo Sauce
2 Tbs butter
1/3 cup cream cheese
2/3 cup milk
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of pepper (white is best!)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan plus more at the table
Melt the butter. Stir in the cream cheese while stirring with a wire whisk. Add the milk slowly, stirring constantly. Bring just to a very low simmer and cook a few minutes. Stir in the nutmeg and pepper. Add the Parmesan, stirring until melted. Cover and let sit until your pasta is done. This sauce is a bit runny but good
1 comment:
Sounds weird...not sure it's sold here, I'll have to look...but so glad the girls loved it, and that you found an alfredo sauce for yourself!
Post a Comment