While looking at pork Tenderloin at the store last week, I noticed this product on the shelf. I liked that it was President’s Choice brand (therefore good quality but lower prices than other brand names) and it was a new flavor that I had not tried before. For the last few months I have been toying with Teriyaki sauce and stir frys and I like to think that I make a darn good Beef Teriyaki (friends have even asked for the recipe!) so when I saw this Five-Spice Teriyaki marinade I thought that might be good with the Pork Tenderloin and picked one up.
PC Five-Spice Teriyaki MarinadeNatalie and I were trying to decide what to have for dinner last night and she loves Tenderloin so I took one out of the freezer and decided to try it with the new marinade. I left it in the fridge for almost 2 hours in the sauce, then transferred the meat to a foil lined shallow dish and put some of the marinade on the tenderloin. I cooked it for about 25 mins (I check the internal temperature of my meat – I like to make sure It’s well cooked!) and we had that with coleslaw, mashed potatoes and carrots. It turned out very delicious! The marinade adds a really nice flavor to the meat and I can’t wait to try it with chicken or beef. A must try if you like that sort of thing!
2 comments:
Sounds yummy!
The holy-mole sauce (that's what I called it, it's actually the mexican mole spice) is really tasty too! I use it instead of ketchup in my meatloaf and it tastes great. Not too strong, just perfect!
Post a Comment