Thursday, December 13, 2007

Finally! A tree!

Now that my sister is here to help me through the long work days (Bee works 3 more day shifts this weekend) I decided that it was finally time to put up the tree! I thought that it might be nice for all of us to get to share in the moment and I think Natalie and the girls had a great time! Bee, not so much! He did all the grunt work (setting up the tree, connecting the lights etc.) and spent most of his time trying to get my angel topper to work. Natalie the girls and I put up most of the decorations and just had fun decorating! It is so nice to have my tree up and I must admit that it is finally starting to feel like Christmas around here!

So far the tree has not been an issue, although Anna likes to try to take the balls off and touch the lights. I have caught Lea several times right up at the tree staring at the ornaments, and she loves to point out each one (snowman, stocking, Santa etc). What I really love about my tree is that I have lots of balls that are the same but different colours so that’s the background of the tree, and then I have all the ornaments that I have collected over the years that get displayed in the front where everyone can see them. I also put a few red bows and some candy canes. It’s so neat how everyone’s tree is different and tells a story about their family.

Now if only it smelled like Christmas! I will have to get a real tree someday!



Anna trying to touch the tree!


Lea would rub her bare tummy against the tree and laugh because it tickled! She's so silly!


Anna playing with ornaments.


All the ornaments that Lea put on the tree are in one big clump! Maybe she thought they were grapes!


No comments: