Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My friend TableMate II and a Rant!

One of the best part of having Christmas parties so early in the month is that you get to use your new gifts! At one of my many annual parties, we do a Chinese Christmas/White Santa or Elephant/Whatever you want to call it gift exchange. This year I chose to steal from my Uncle the Tablemate II for use in the living room with my laptop. You see, one of the downfalls of using a laptop on your lap (duh!) is that your lap gets really hot and you’re very limited in your movements. This little table is perfect for living room use. It also doubles as an easel for the kids, a card table for us and a table for the kids to draw on when they are a little bit older. I like that it folds up for easy storage as well.





You know, this is totally off topic but I really hate when companies (ahem! Rogers) call at 8:50 PM to verify the services on my account. I mean really, is that necessary? It would be even nicer if the people on the other end of the line knew what they were asking or could even pronounce my name correctly. Every time I asked a question about a service (that he brought up!) I was put on hold and had to wait for him to find my answer. It really does not instill confidence when that happens. I totally understand that he is just some poor guy trying to earn a buck and for arguments sake, maybe it was his first day, but yeah, it still sucks.


That’s my rant for today!


1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad you got the tablemate! We have two and love them! Very convenient! And yes, makes a GREAT easel for the kids!
And I totally agree about the late night calling for stupid stuff...ugh.