Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow, snow and more snow

Winter has certainly come in like a lion (hopefully it will go out like a lamb)! Overnight we received a staggering 25 cm of snow (that’s approximately 10 inches for my American friends!) and another 25 cm over the course of the day. It’s so odd how one day the grass is green, I can see my toys in the backyard, the driveway is clear and the next morning everything is covered in snow and bright white. It was so bad that they cancelled all the school buses and the roads were an awful mess. I was very thankful to not have to go to work. My Friend Amy came over and we took the kids out to play in the snow. It was loads of fun dressing 4 little kids (ha ha!) but we eventually made it out into the fluffy white stuff. It’s the first year that Lea is old enough to actually play in the snow and I am not sure she understands the concept yet. For most of our time outside she didn’t want to touch, walk in or have anything to do with the stuff. Once she saw her friend K. playing in it she realized that it was probably not so bad (K. was smiling, laughing and just generally having a good time!) I convinced her to try sitting in it and once she did, she learned how much fun it really can be! She also learned not to rub your face with mittens covered in snow! Hopefully we will have many more opportunities to go play outside and maybe Anna will actually stay out for longer than 2 mins next time!












2 comments:

Mel :-) said...

Glad you enjoyed playing in all the snow you got!! :-D
I love it! (I am from TX though so it is a new and exciting change for us!) My little one (Becca) is 3 and has the same issue about rubbing a snowy mitten on her face- she does it every time!! :-) I hope we get some more soon!!!

Heather said...

JEALOUS! I will keep saying it over and over. Riley wants to know what snow is!