Monday, December 10, 2007

Senate Christmas Party!

One of the things that I really miss about not working is the fun stuff like staff dinners, and Christmas parties. I was thrilled when my friends invited me to their work party at the Parliament Buildings no less! There was a delicious dinner (that I didn’t have to cook!), free wine and lots of really nice people. It was so much fun to get dressed up and go out as just me, not mommy, not wifey, just ME! I got to visit different areas of the Parliament Buildings that I had not seen before like the Peace Tower and the Senate Rooms, and I even got to use the Senators Washroom! There were lots of laughs, lots of drinks and lots of fun! I have a standing invite for next year so I may just have to attend once again J Many thanks Josh and Amy, I had a great time!


Mommy ready to go out and the girls fast asleep!


The Main Foyer (courtesy of my friend Amy!)


One of the many hallways inside Parliament Hill (courtesy of Amy!)


The Parliament Buildings are very old and have beautiful architecture (courtesy of Amy!)


I believe this is the library, taken from the Peace Tower (courtesy of Amy!)


At the top of the Peace Tower is a clock, this has to be one of my favorite pictures! (courtesy of Amy!)


Downtown Ottawa at night as seen from the Peace Tower


Josh and I at the top of the Peace Tower




Sitting in the Speakers Chair in the Senate Room


An example of how the rest of the night went! Just kidding. I was taking a picture of the tree from underneath and fell lol!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful pictures! And you look gorgeous as well!!! Too funny you all the way in the back seat to begin the night...and on the floor at the bottom of a Cmas tree to end the night! LOL
Glad you enjoyed it!

Trace said...

WOW!! Looks like it was a blast for you!! You totally deserve it!!! Glad to see you taking some YOU time!!

Hugs, Hugs
Trace

anji said...

Senate chair looks good on you!